Thursday, July 14, 2011


Peter Andrew Vottis Jr. was born on June 23rd at 10:05 pm.  Pete (Sr..hahha) and I went into the hospital to be induced at 6am that same day.  I was in labor for 14 hours total... and only had to push for 1 hr 15 minutes.  I was so super nervous to go into the hospital and give birth again, I pretty much had anxiety over doing it, however, it was a piece of cake compared to the first child! Its true what they say... the second is much, much easier!

What really shocked me is after PJ was born I had Pete and the nurses taking a guess at how much he weighed... I guess something around 8 lbs... and when they weighed him he was 9 lbs 9 oz and 21 1/2" long!! Holy cow, I never ever expected that! Just to compare it to Mikayla Christine, she was born Oct 17th 2005 after 26 hrs of labor, 4 of those hours pushing... and she was born 9.7 and 22" long. 

I feel pretty fantastic after giving birth this time, the first time I didn't think I could really even walk after two weeks... but this time I was up after one hour and even took a shower the next day!

Being home and breastfeeding is both fulfilling and overwhelming.  I did not breastfeed with Mikayla because it just didn't work out for me, and my heart wasn't in it, but PJ decided he enjoyed it as soon as he was born, he took to it really well.  He eats about every 2 hours for about 45 minutes, giving me a solid hour of sleep at a time, all night, even now.  I try to pump as much as possible and wasn't really getting ahead, but I looked up tips online and managed to freeze about 11 oz so far.  I want to have it in case I ever leave my lil munchkin I want to leave Pete some food for him!

My husband has been so super-duper fantastic throughout this pregnancy and birth.  Am I surprised?... absolutely not.  He wakes up during the night and provided I am able to leave him a bottle he will feed and change PJ and then walk around with him until he goes back to sleep... unfortunately some nights I am unable to provide this and just do it all night anyway.  But my husband is a dream, he is just so in love with PJ and takes really good care of him.  If it wasn't for the breastfeeding I know he would do even more!

I was able to cook dinner yesterday... and nap two times... and I feel like I'm actually beginning to get into the swing of things.  Its been 3 weeks today (!!!) and is taking this long to adjust.  I read that it can take 6 to 10 weeks for your milk to be in sync with your child, and I feel my body is beginning to do so. 

PJ is just such a joy, he is not a crier and is overall a really good baby.  Mikayla has been such a great big sister, we bought her Mario Kart for the Wii and her and Pete have been playing a lot lately, since we pretty much hang out together as a family (and all I do is breastfeed/pump on the couch!!).  But she doesn't seem to have any issues, she is pretty independent anyway. 

my fav...sleeping together in the hospital

big sissy gift

lil superhero

bath time!!

found his thumb
Hopefully I will start blogging again, because its something I enjoy doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment