Wednesday, May 25, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Vegan Cookies

The other day Mikayla and I went to the grocery store and she wanted to pick up baking stuff.  I decided I would like to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, since its something I have never made yet.  I also decided to go with a vegan recipe because I feel like you can healthify any baking recipe, and some vegan recipes are simple and healthy. 

I do NOT ever use the vegan recipes that use fake anything, or anything over a cup of sugar.  (Sometimes they use so much sugar its unbelievable!!) Anyway, I do enjoy vegan baking recipes, I enjoy the taste and texture of the maple syrup that most of the recipes use, and I just feel better not using butter in my baked goods.


These cookies were delish! You need to remember when you bake vegan that no, these are not going to taste like bakery-style-bad-for-you-sugar-and-butter-drenched-cookies, because... well... they're not.  What I can say about these is they tasted amazing, especially if you don't compare them to regular Macadamia cookies.


The bad thing about this recipe? They didn't make enough.  Next time, Mikayla and I will double the recipe

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Vegan Cookies (Adapted from here)
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts


Preheat the oven to 350
Whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add the chocolate chips and nuts, shape into balls and place on cookie sheet.  I always like to squish the cookies down before I bake them.  I baked them for 9 mins, took them out and let them cool.

*Okayyy, obviously if you were truly a vegan... which Im not... you would purchase vegan white chocolate chips, which they DO have, becasue I have seen them but never tried them.

Sweets for a Saturday

4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of these. The only thing is, White chocolate is made with milk, so I guess they wouldn't be suitable for real vegans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good, I love macadamia nuts. Have you ever thought about writing on other sites? Seekyt is wonderful and you can link your blog back to your articles to get you more views.
    http://seekyt.com/register/referrerId/2061/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, what a perfect cookie recipe for those times when I've run out of eggs. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome, and the only thing I would need to do is sub in a gluten free flour. Awesome! (visiting from sweet tooth Friday)

    ReplyDelete