Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Taco Bake

Because sometimes I want tacos, but sometimes I want comfort food. First, I started out with these Rice Work chips... in both Sea Salt and Salsa flavors. 

I crushed up maybe 2 cups in the bottom of a glass baking pan.


In a frying pan, cook up about 1 lb of ground beef, 1/2 can of black beans, and I added about 1/2-1 cup of salsa.  I pretty much eyeballed this entire dinner, so theres absolutely no measurements to be had. Cook everything together and make sure its not dry. 
 Spread the mixture on top of the chips

 Then on top of that spread some sour cream, maybe 1 cup.  I added some olives and tomatoes, I would have put more on but its all I had.


Then I added some shredded cheddar cheese, we don't like a ton of cheese so I didn't put that much on, and I added jalapenos on top of the cheese.


I baked this on 350 for about 20-25 minutes.



Served with Salsa and Sour cream.
This is a great meal when you want tacos, but you absolutely don't feel like doing a thousand dishes.  I know when I make tacos, everything gets its own bowl, dish, tray, pan, etc., and I have a thousand dishes! This is the same idea, but easier!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. V,
    Your Taco Bake looks very good. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete