Friday, May 20, 2011

Simplicity

So yesterday Mikayla and I played hooky because she had a dentist appointment at 10 and it really didn't pay to bring her back to school, since they don't do much after they eat lunch.  Plus, the poor thing arrives at school at 7am on most days, so its nice to offer her a break and spend some quality time with mommy.  We met my parents for lunch at Pizzeria Unos, one of my flavorite places to eat lunch! I got the flat bread pizza lunch special, which is a huge salad, followed by a gigantic pizza

ROASTED EGGPLANT, SPINACH & FETA With sun-dried & plum tomatoes, carmelized onions, mozzarella and pesto. 

very delish!! Once I was finished with my blog yesterday I got my big butt into the kitchen.  I cooked up some steak, some leftover rice, black beans, and an onion... then chopped up some tomatoes and crumbled some cheese and called them tacos.  On the side I steamed some corn on the cob, because Mikayla has been begging me for some!
While that was cooking Mikayla and I whipped up a quick batch of Alicia Silverstone cookies, and began baking them during dinner.  By the time dinner and a quick bath were up, the last batch of warm cookies were coming out of the oven.  I put two in each bowl along with a heaping scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.  We called this Alicia a la mode.  I had to eat Mikaylas because she only wanted the ice cream off of it.  This dessert came together so fast, it was amazing!
and here is a photo of the princess from this morning, while driving her to school.  Nana bought her this outfit last year, I think, and it fits perfectly now!! Thanks Nana, we love it!!

I just love her so mucho!!! Today at work I am filling in for the Industrial Arts teacher, meaning I am sitting in a big, huge, comfy chair watching Independence Day for 6 class periods.  Woot woot. This is the ONE highlight about not having a job of my own... I get nice, simple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment