Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cute Comments

Yesterday I met the hubster for lunch at Dunkin Donuts because it was the only place that wasn't McDonald's located halfway between both of our buildings.  I got a bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel, complete with a reverse Boston creme donut and a black hot tea. 

Because sometimes i just don't have enough time in my day to prep and pack three lunches.  Mikayla loves bringing her lunch and gets disappointed when she has to be a buyer, so I always try to pack her a lunch.  Its difficult to come up with things I want to eat, seeing how I'm not allowed to eat sandwich meat while pregnant.  It takes a lil creativity and a lot of prep time, and some nights I just don't have it in me.  I did chop up a ton of watermelon to snack on, along with a few other things, but I just don't consider that lunch. (Today I cut up two oranges and tons of veggies to snack on... but we shall see)

After work yesterday I went to the doctor for a quick check up - and I'm perfect, the baby's perfect, and everything is perfect.  Seriously, the doc told me everything is perfect and I'm right on track.  I am 34 weeks and 3 days pregnant today, and he said the baby will be full term in less than 3 weeks!! Any delivery past 34 weeks and the baby is still perfectly healthy, so I'm past any point of concern!! woot woot!!

I did, however, gain one of these:
That's right.  That lil princess weights 40.4 lbs...and I gained 39, weighing in at a hefty 159 lbs!! So, technically, take me and take Mikayla, glue us together, and that's what I weigh now :)  Needless to say, I felt like eating a nice, healthy, veggie-packed dinner, so I decided on another make-your-own-stir-fry night. Here is my kitchen in action
 I made rice for Pete and Mikayla and wanted to make a side of Rice noodles for me, and decided to make these
 Which ended up being a huge mistake.  I thought all these noodles were the same, but these are technically "bean threads" and not "rice noodles". I honestly am never a picky eater and will usually eat just about anything, but these were just plain GROSS.

 They were wet and jello-like and also reminded me of jelly fish.  Blechhh.  I ate some anyway, just to be a good food role model to my lil one, especially if she liked them and was willing to try them, which she did try them. when dinner was finished cooking I decided to make quick short cut Brushetta on the side, just so I wasn't eating jello-like noodles and veggies for dinner.
I also cut up a cuke and a kiwi and baby carrots and a mango, which I am also not feeling.  I like mango flavor, just not the actual mango. Mikayla dominated the kiwi and asked for more... she was super excited and thought it was the best thing in the world!
Ohh, and that Brushetta? It has anchovies on it.

I leave this post with something I cant stop thinking about.... I was giving Mikayla a bath the other night, and she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm so excited that we're having a little baby".  AWWWW, I pretty much just melted away. 

1 comment:

  1. I want that donut!

    The bruschetta looks good! Excited for the new baby! Not too long now.

    ReplyDelete