Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dinner at Mom's

I enjoy leftovers.  Especially ones I never actually made in the first place.

Whats this you ask?  A leftover taco salad from the beach.  I fried up two eggs and plopped them on top for a semi-healthy breakfast.  I also re-heated the taco meat and fed half of it to the dogs.  Salad for breakfast... is not weird in my book.
Especially when followed by a smiley baby boy.  (Hey, it was dark in my room)

LAst night for dinner I didnt have to cook.  I went to my parents house, and my mom made dinner.  Im here again today, but this time I will try to whip up something healthy using the ingredients my mother has in her kitchen - always a fun task!
Dinner last night was a zucchini quiche... afterall, it is zucchini season and my mother has a garden.
Sure, it fell apart when you dished it out, but it was because she had used fresh cheese.  and, it doesn't matter, it was still as good as ever.

It also consisted of a Chicken Couscous dish thingy, which was so delish I might make it at home.

This was filled with chicken, peaches, tomatoes and couscous.  I'm happy that I found another way to make couscous besides my shrimpy couscous salad, which we love over at the Vottis household.

Always followed by a photo shoot, because, hey, Im a mother.

Sleeping in M's Dora bed @ Nanas


What a great big sissy!!!

Zuccini Quiche
1 large zucchini, diced
handful mushrooms, diced
1 onion, chopped
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup cheese
1 pie crust (or a homemade one here)

Preheat oven at 350.  Saute the onion in olive oil until soft.  Make a pie shell, or roll one out if you're lazy.  In the pie shell place the zucchini, mushrooms, and onion.  Whisk together the milk, eggs and cheese, and pour over veggies.  Bake in oven for 50 minutes, take out and let cool.  We used fresh mozz, so it didn't actually "set" but will if you use a cheese that's a bit more firm.





1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing about pizza's crescent roll , you deliciously sprinkled toppings of chicken thighs, shredded cheese , I just want to eat it now and have a treat with my buddies later on. What a innovative style of making pizza.
    pizza ocala

    ReplyDelete