Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School Shopping

Yesterday was a loooong day of school shopping for my super big first grader!! School shopping with her and my mom (and of course PJ) was so fun, Mikayla is into clothes and knows what she likes and what she doesn't.  She got so many new clothes (thanks nana!) and a new big girl lunch box! During our shopping trip to Target I thought Mikayla was shaking the door to the dressing room and kept telling her not to.... I kept saying "Mikayla, get away from the door!"... turns out it wasn't her and it was a 45 second earthquake!! Holy cow!!

When we arrived home last night I quickly got to work making BLT's.  I knew I wanted something fast and easy for dinner, and sandwiches oer the summer are always a favorite go-to meals.  I made mine into a salad, complete with roasted brussel sprouts in it and bleu cheese dressing

I love having kitchen scissors and usually use them instead of a knife, especially to make a "chopped salad".  Its so easy and you don't cut your fingers!

Pete had a BLT with a fried egg, and Mikayla had "Clam Soup", which would be New England Clam Chowder.  On today's agenda is lots of cooking, baking, laundry, and packing! Yay for family days spent at home!! Maybe I will even fix my camera today and finally begin taking decent photos.

1 comment: