Sat night at my parents house I cooked dinner and made a few different things. Its always nice to cook at my moms because I never have to clean up.
We had agreed on steak and something to do with zucchini. over at Jenna's blog had I seen a recipe for cheesy zucchini pizza and decided it was a must-make for dinner. I realized we didn't have any pizza dough but had some yeast, so I made my own pizza dough, which was super easy. (Recipe to follow).
while looking trough my moms freezer also found two swordfish steaks and decided to make those.
I actually recently told myself to start eating fish, and this was perfect. I jumped online and googled swordfish recipes, but most had you grilling, which I didn't want to do. i came across a recipe for Italian swordfish steaks and knew most of hose ingredients could be found... winner!
First, I soaked some raisins in warm water
It was so delish, I will definitely be making the topping again and seeing what else I can put it on!
2 Swordfish Steaks
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp pine nuts (i used sunflower seeds)
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup capers
Oven on 400.
1. Soak raisins in water for 30 mins. In a bowl, combine nuts, tomatoes and raisins (drained).
2. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a pan on top of the stove.
3. Add mixture to the pan, cover, and cook on simmer for 15 mins.
4. Take mixture off stove and spoon onto swordfish steaks.
5. Put in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
We split 2 steaks between 4 people, they are so filling!