Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Italian Swordfish Steaks

Sat night at my parents house I cooked dinner and made a few different things.  Its always nice to cook at my moms because I never have to clean up.


We had agreed on steak and something to do with zucchini.  over at Jenna's blog had I seen a recipe for cheesy zucchini pizza and decided it was a must-make for dinner.  I realized we didn't have any pizza dough but had some yeast, so I made my own pizza dough, which was super easy. (Recipe to follow).

while looking trough my moms freezer also found two swordfish steaks and decided to make those.

I actually recently told myself to start eating fish, and this was perfect. I jumped online and googled swordfish recipes, but most had you grilling, which I didn't want to do.  i came across a recipe for Italian swordfish steaks and knew most of hose ingredients could be  found... winner!

First, I soaked some raisins in warm water

and while those were soaking I chopped up about 4 tomatoes and placed them in a bowl. 

I also added sunflower seeds (we didn't have pine nuts... awww, nuts!) and capers.

 In a pan I added some olive oil, and sauteed the garlic and onion.  When that was finished sauteing, I added the rest of the mixture into the pot, covered, and cooked on low for 15 minutes.

When the sauce was finished I spread some olive oil on the bottom of a glass pan, placed the two steaks, and spooned the sauce on the top.

Then I baked the fish on 400 for about 20 minutes.




It was so delish, I will definitely be making the topping again and seeing what else I can put it on!

Swordfish Steaks
2 Swordfish Steaks
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp pine nuts (i used sunflower seeds)
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup capers
olive oil

Oven on 400.
1. Soak raisins in water for 30 mins. In a bowl, combine nuts, tomatoes and raisins (drained). 
2. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a pan on top of the stove.
3. Add mixture to the pan, cover, and cook on simmer for 15 mins.
4. Take mixture off stove and spoon onto swordfish steaks.
5.  Put in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.

We split 2 steaks between 4 people, they are so filling!


No comments:

Post a Comment