Friday, December 10, 2010

Freezing Friday!!

Unfortunately, I am totally stuck home today.  Instead of moping and going back to sleep, or watching TV (yuck, I never watch TV), I decided to do lots of laundry and clean out and donate a lot of our clothes that we never wear.  Periodically I enjoy going through everything I own and throwing it all away! (or, donate, donate, donate!!)

The Christmas Party last night was really fun, we ate the entire time we were at Bucas!! The VP of the school chose all of the food, and we ended up with 5 courses, with multiple dishes in each course!!
  • 1st - Fried Calamari, Margherita pizza, and bread.
  • 2nd- Mixed green salad and chopped antipasto salad. 
  • 3rd- Fettuccine Alfredo and Penne Arrabbiata, which was spicy sausage in red sauce. 
  • 4th- Chicken Parm, Veal parm, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. 
  • 5th- cheesecake and double dark chocolate cake. 

There was enough food and a great variety.  I especially enjoyed the fettuccine Alfredo, and the little chopped tomatoes in the antipasto salad :) It was a very nice Christmas party with something to do the whole time - EAT!!

Today for lunch I decided to go out on a limb and put some color into my life.  Since Ive been pregnant Ive been eating beige, which is super boring, especially since I really enjoy my meals!
 I took one taco shell and sprinkled shredded cheese on half, diced tomato, diced avocado, a spoonful of black beans, then more cheese... I made a colorful quesadilla!!
It was sooo yummy, lets hope it stays down :) Tonight Pete and I are going to our very first Ugly Christmas Sweater party.  His old best friend forever, Dave, and his fiance Meredith just bought a house in Albany and are throwing the party.  Looks like we are taking a sweet trip to the Salvation Army before the party!!

YAY for fun things to do!!! Til then... Im going to keep acting like my mama and throwing everything away!

Quesadilla
1 Medium soft tortilla
1/4-1/2 cup taco cheese
1/4 cup black beans
1/2 diced avacado
1/2 diced tomato

Spread cheese on one half of the tortilla.  Sprinkle on toppings, add cheese.  Fold tortilla in half. Spray a frying pan with PAM, and cook until browned and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment