Monday, June 13, 2011

Almost Summer Vacation!!

This weekend we braved the rain, drove up to Lake George, and put our Great Escape season passes to good use.  After the first hour it began to drizzle, and then it began to pour!!


Big Girl Coaster!!

We tried to push through, because the rain didn't seem to bother Mikayla, but as we were waiting for a ride it began to pour, and they shut down the ride we were waiting for.  We decided to go and find some shelter and eat the mega lunch that I packed for us... luckily there was one free table when we walked inside!

Great Escape apparently does not let you pack lunches and bring them inside the park anymore.  We were able to bring ours in because I walked right behind the security guard who I saw searching bags... if we cant pack a lunch its just going to be such a pain.  I refuse to purchase food for my family of 3... it would honestly be more than $30 for lunch!! (A PB&J with a cheese stick and juice for Mikayla is OVER $8!!!) Outrageous!! I will need to get creative and pack some food anyway, and try to sneak it in.  Good life lesson I'm about to be teaching my child. 

On the way home we passed this mini... and I just had to snap a photo because it was the smallest thing I have ever seen, especially in this "super-size-me" country.


Saturday Peter and I enjoyed a nice, relaxing dinner at Buca di Beppo, an italian restaurant in Albany that serves their meals family style.  We like this place because you can get a ton of food and they always have $10 off coupons... score! First, they always bring you out some bread and dipping oil

and we ordered the chopped antipasto... "Diced pepperoni, red onions, pepperoncini peppers, cucumbers, provolone, feta and Gorgonzola cheeses, tossed with our fresh lettuce blend in our signature Italian vinaigrette"... with the pepperoni on the side due to my pregnancy.

For dinner we ordered Pasta Carbonara, which was SO filling yet delicious!! Tender chicken breast, prosciutto and peas with imported Italian spaghetti tossed in our creamy Alfredo sauce.  We also ordered a side of their pesto sauce, because it is amazing!


I wanted nothing more than to order dessert but the one I had my eye on served SIX!! No thanks.

Now I am just literally waiting for my water to break or my contractions to begin, which is driving me NUTS because I cant even sleep.  I just keep waiting.  Officially, there are two more weeks of school left... but I think as of today I'm throwing in the towel.  My body is exhausted and every position is just downright uncomfortable.  Pete's last day of classes are tomorrow (!!!) and Mikaylas last day got moved to next Thursday... so its almost summer vacation for all!  
What is this lil Pocket-Girl going to do when mama doesn't have her belly pillow anymore?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment