Sunday, June 5, 2011

Relaxing Weekends

Lately... and, as in lately I mean the past two days... I have been.... (drum roll please)... cooking! (gasp!) It all began yesterday morning, and continued so far into tonight's dinner plans.  I even cooked myself lunch for tomorrow! Tonight's dinner, with the help of the hubster, was spicy saucy steak, Annie's mac n cheese, Parmesan couscous, and green beans.

I was so excited!! Its not much but it was delish! Breakfast this morning was leftover chicken sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms, and I scrambled them with two eggs and melted some feta, then served it up with a ton of salsa. 

Last nights dinner I decided to make two pizzas while finishing up season 6 of Desperate Housewives, which became absolutely horrible, but how can we stop after watching more than 130 episodes?! I had to just finish it up, and then found out there is actually a season 7. sigh. One of the pizzas was made with vodka sauce, and cooked chicken sausage, onions, peppers and mushrooms, with some melted fresh mozzarella.  The second pizza was pesto sauce with spinach, anchovies, mushrooms, hot peppers, blobs of ricotta and fresh mozzarella.
When I served Pete this pizza he looked at me and said, "never in my life did I think I would be eating pizza with spinach, anchovy, hot pepper and pesto.".  What some people do for love, sheesh!

Besides being pregnant lately I have been doing as many comforting outdoor activities as humanly possible before the baby comes.  I have been walking the puppies every chance I get, and Friday we even went for a low-key hike around a lake.  It feels great to be outdoors.  Here are some photos from last weeks walk on the bike path



and from my parents gorgeous pond

There is nothing better than relaxing... the calm before the storm, as they say! Today Pete and I re-arranged our entire living room... purchasing sliders and all.  I even had him assemble the pack and play! We needed more room for the baby, which is just sometimes difficult when there is absolutely no storage in an apartment.  I cleared out this space on Friday, which took me a while because all of Pete's sporting/camping/outdoor gear was here

And all that will live here now is his bike, my stroller, and the infant car seat.  I love re-arranging my things, and organizing them. I leave you with this photo of Mikayla and Carol, because it just cracks me up
 So dramatic. Ohhh yeahhh, and here's one from Mikaylas school play... Goldie and the three Bears.  Mikayla is the yellow flower, second row, right next to the microphone.
And now I'm off to relax for the night because everyone has to be up early tomorrow for work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment