Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Strawberry Cupcakes by Mikayla

"I like to eat cupcakes.  I like to lick the frosting."  (Mikayla wanted to say something on my blog!).  This morning we woke up and made hundreds (exaggerating a lil) of mini-strawberry cupcakes.  No, we didn't make them from scratch, we made this from this box:


I'm not a big fan of cupcakes and I don't like to cook out of a box, but sometimes a mama has to do what a mama has to do! We made the cupcakes according to the back of the box but then split the batter in half; in one bowl we mixed in rainbow sprinkles, and the other chocolate chips:



Then we filled lots of mini-cupcake wrappers, I think we filled them too much but there was no way we were going to make more.


Baked them for 20 mins, and then out they came for my babycakes to decorate them





These are some of her best ones, and remember... she is only 5!!

Strawberry with Chocolate Chips
 

Rainbow Sprinkles

Rainbow Chips

Watermelon Sprinkles
All finished!!
 And, after all that, this is what she ate:


Then I proceeded to clean the kitchen while Mikayla peeled all the blankets off her bed, spread them on the floor, and relaxed with the pups:


And that was our eventful morning!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! SO CUTE.. I love PINK! Next week is Romantic Dinner Ideas (please come back and link-up again)!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to put everything in one pan and bake them! That is so smart!!

    ReplyDelete