Thursday, March 3, 2011

Obsession

Since I am trying to eat healthier and not gain 60 lbs this pregnancy, I decided to go home for lunch today and eat some good old veggies.  Last night while cooking dinner I made myself a salad (in a subway container - it felt fancier that way) because I knew if it was already made I would have no choice but to eat it.  I mean, come on, when you are starving you don't pause to make yourself a salad- you grab a slice of pizza (or whatever is in your fridge) instead. 


Spinach, Jalapenos, Tomatoes, Olives, Steak, and Shrimp with a Pomegranate dressing.  It was pretty good and took about 2 minutes to scarf down!! On the side I made 7 mini-pierogies... and yes, I counted them out. I ended up eating them in the car on the way back to work.


On a more exciting note.... I just bought this amazing Mascarpone Cheese (from Walmart too!!!!) and it is just the greatest thing ever.  It says right on the container to use in place of butter or use with cookies or fresh fruit.  For try #1 I ate it on bread, and the flavor is right in between butter and cream cheese, but its really light and slightly fluffy.  Yesterday Pete and I ate it on a sliced apple (try #2) and let me tell you, it tastes like the worlds greatest whipped cream! I promise. Even my skeptical husband believed me.

"Here honey... try this all-natural-2-ingredient-italian-cream-cheese, it tastes exactly like amazing whipped cream."

Why would he believe me, I'm pregnant.  Everything I eat is "the best thing ever".  This would be a good time to invite me to dinner, hehehe.

 I'm slightly obsessed. Anyway, I'm excited to learn a few recipes to use with it.  The next time I use it as a dip I'm going to mix in either honey or maple syrup.  And then..... I'm going to try to make homemade Tiramisu!!!  I don't normally like Tiramisu...ever... but the older I get the more I like everything I eat.  I'm either going to make one next weekend when my brother comes to visit, or make two for Easter and bring one to my parents and one to the in-laws.  I have a feeling it will be slightly expensive, but easy and well-worth it.  The average recipe I found online used 1 cup of Mascarpone cheese.  You have no idea how excited I am! (What also contributed to this is my lack of enthusiasm for my lunch salad... I'm sitting here drooling over amazing blog world recipes!)

I need to stop searching dessert recipes, its really making me hungry. Perhaps I'll bake tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment