Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pizza Night


Happy Wednesday-Almost Friday!! Mikayla wanted a snack plate after school, so I gave her leftover spaghetti, olives, and apple with PB.  She loved it! Playing around with food is fun for everyone.

Can you believe I actually cooked dinner tonight?! After a hiatus of not cooking, I was in the mood to make something exciting.  I decided on cooking pizza, because I love it.

The first pizza I made was a Philly Cheese steak pizza. First I cooked the steak... I used a box of steak-ums I had for forever in the freezer.  I sliced them up and cooked them with a lil bit of steak sauce in a pan.  Then, I cut up some 'shrooms and an onion and cooked those in a frying pan too.  While that was cooking on the stove, I rolled out the dough and spread olive oil and a tiny bit of tomato sauce on the crust.  I also sprinkled it with spices - steak seasoning, oregano, and garlic (real and dried).

Then I covered the pizza with the steak, mushrooms and onions.


Covered it with cheese


and baked it for 15 mins on 425.



This pizza had so much flavor, it was amazing.  This was one of Petes favorite pizzas, ad trust me, we eat a lot of pizza!


Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Pizza dough
1/2 lb Shaved Beef
Steak Sauce
1 onion
mushrooms
olive oil
tomato sauce
spices
1- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese




The second pizza I made was more for myself than for Pete.  First, I spread leftover Pesto sauce on the pizza dough, with some Olive Oil. 


Then I added shrimp (pink ones this time), tomatoes, and olives, and I smothered it all with shredded mozzarella cheese.


After lots of consideration I broke into this amazing can of GOYA jalapenos.  This is a rare find for me, and I was saving the can for a special occasion.  (Now, I just have to go and make jalapeno poppers with the leftovers). 


Seriously.  These peppers are perfect to stuff with sausage and cream cheese and bacon, but that's another post.


I baked it in the oven for 10 mins on 425... then took it out, added blobs of Ricotta cheese and baked for about another 5 mins. 

So So yummy!


And now I'm going to plop on the couch, eat a whole pizza, and watch a few more episodes of Desperate Housewives because I cant get enough and am addicted.  Maybe this is how I gained 30 lbs???


Shrimp and Jalapeno Pizza
pizza dough
2 tbsp Pesto Sauce
Olive Oil
1/2 Tomato
olives
Shrimp (pink, cooked)
3/4 - 1 cup shredded mozz
1 Jalapeno, chopped
3 tbsp Ricotta Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment