Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pure Beef

Because I just really wanted to run out and buy, like, everything from Taco Bell last night (but I wont allow myself to do so) I decided to make a quick Mexican dinner.  I started with this new ground beef.  It will be the first time ever trying "humanely raised, all natural, chemical free" kind of meat.  I was quite impressed with the all natural eggs, so Pete and I were excited to try this beef. 


I started by frying up the ground beef.  Let me just tell you... it was not the consistency of "ground beef".  It was more like ground lamb... soft and crumbly, and you didn't have to work to break it apart.  It looks amazing, doesn't it? (Therefore, it passed the first test... it wasn't like the "regular" ground beef).

This meat wasnt cloned!! Yay!

Once it was finished I added some frozen homemade enchilada sauce to the meat for spiciness and flavor. And... FYI... after tasting this magic meat, it tasted nothing like regular beef.  I have decided from now on I will not purchase "regular" beef, eggs, or bread, because the difference in products is just so shocking!


Next, on a tortilla shell, I added some shredded cheddah, some meat, black beans, and jalapeno peppers. I added olives to mine... because who doesn't looove olives in everything?! I added more cheese, another tortilla, and cooked 'em up in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side.


On the side I decided to make nachos, however, I didn't have any tortilla chips, except for a teeny tiny free sample bag. I took about a handful of both the sea salt and salsa flavored chips, mixed them with the tostitos, and threw them on a baking sheet.  I added meat, beans, jalapenos, olives and cheese, and baked them in a 350 oven for not even 10 mins.


Dinner was done!

To make it a bit healthier without making more work for myself, I added tons of chopped spinach and tomatoes, and garnished with sour cream and lots of salsa.

Mile High Nachos


Because my husband is 'da bomb, he made a late night Stewart's run for me.  That's right, after all of my complaints I decided to just be pregnant and eat a Stewart's ice cream bowl... because sometimes you just have to be pregnant and enjoy it :)

Ice Cream Goodness
 Cookies n Cream and Raspberry Fudge Torte ice cream, complete with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles.  Delish!!

....And now its time to prepare for the 6-12" of snow we are supposedly getting overnight!! Happy Spring, maybe its just a horrible April Fool's joke?!

No comments:

Post a Comment