Monday, January 17, 2011

Cleaning and Relaxing, Cleaning and Relaxing..

Today, as you can tell from the title, I cleaned my apt! I didn't cook (much) but I caught up with laundry (I did it all!!), scrubbed the bathrooms, and my bedroom!! I feel like I accomplished so much... until I walk into the living room :(.  Do you ever feel like you clean all day, but cant really tell?? Its so annoying! But my bedroom is so clean, my mother would be proud!

Lunch today was awesome, I made a quick low-cal version of brushetta bread and french onion soup!! Brushetta bread is just about the most amazing thing on the planet, sometimes when I make this I like to add shrimp.

What I did here was cut up half of a tomato and threw it into a small bowl.  I added garlic, garlic salt, 1/2tbsp basil (I didn't have any fresh), and 1 tbsp of olive oil.  I mixed and let it sit for a few minutes,then I spooned it on 2 pieces of light wheat bread.  I took 1/2 a slice of fresh mozzarella, broke it into tiny pieces and placed them on the bread.  Then, I stuck 'em in the toaster oven on MED for about 4 mins. MMM. so good!

On the side I enjoyed a steaming hot cup of French Onion Soup, minus the bread and the cheese.



Health-i-fied Brushetta
1/2 tomato diced
1/2 tbsp Basil
1 tbsp Olive Oil (less, if you want)
2 slices Bread
Garlic, to taste
1/2 slice fresh mozzarella

Mix together tomato, basil, olive oil and garlic.  Spread onto bread.  Top with cheese.  Toast 'til cheese melts and bread is nice n crispy!

French Onion Soup
1/2 onion, sliced
2 cups water
1 Beef bullion cube (or 2, depends on how beefy you like it)
Olive Oil

Drop a lil OO into a pot and throw in the onions until they caramelize.  Once they are nice and cooked add the 2 cups of water and Bullion.  Boil for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment