Friday, January 21, 2011

Dinner Date with a Princess

Right to the point: Dinner was fantastic!


I made lamb chops, shrimp couscous, garbage bread and zucchini. 

Lamb
3 lamb chops, weighing less than 1 lb total
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 White wine
1 tbsp Rosemary
salt
pepper
Garlic

I marinated the lamb chops in the mixture overnight. 


 The next day I took out the chops, placed them in a glass pan, and spooned some of the juice on top. I ended up changing my cooking method... this time I cooked them on the bottom shelf of the oven on 450, for about 15 minutes, and boy, did they come out PERFECT!!



Shrimp Couscous
1 box Near East Couscous, any flavor, prepared
1 lb raw (gray) shrimp, peeled
oregano
basil
garlic salt
pepper
olive oil
veggies (cukes, red pepper, olives, onion, celery, anything!)

I prepared the couscous as per the directions on the box.  This time I purchased some chicken flavor, which I had never bought before, and it was pretty good.  It had a lot of flavor.  I usually buy the Olive Oil flavor, but all the flavors are delicious. 



the shrimp - I peeled them and placed them in a glass pan and drizzled the shrimp with olive oil.  I then loaded the shrimp up with spices, and baked them for about 10 mins on 450... the BEST way to cook shrimp, ever. 

When I took them out, I poured what was in the pan into the prepared couscous. 


Then, I chopped some veggies to toss in the couscous salad.  I usually make a dressing... of 3/4 cup Olive Oil and 1/4 of a mixture of Balsamic and Apple Cider Vinegar, and mix in some spices, but this time it just didn't need a dressing.  Maybe because the shrimp was cooked in Olive Oil?

Garbage Bread
1 bad pizza dough
4 oz cheddar cheese
olives
onions
handful of spinach
mushrooms
spices

Unroll the pizza dough and spread out as much as you can.   Fill with desired toppings, I chose to use olives (a preggers fav), onions, spinach (soo good on pizza/garbage bread!) and mushrooms.  I also chose to shred half a brick of cheddar cheese, I wasn't quite in the mood for mozzarella.  Using different cheeses really changes the feel of the bread.


Once the bread was rolled up tightly, I covered the top with Oregano, Basil, Pepper and Garlic Salt.  This made SUCH a difference, I never cover the top with spices but will be doing it all of the time now!


I baked this on 450 for about 20 minutes, and it came out perfect!




I enjoyed my dinner with this lil beauty:

On the side we also enjoyed sliced cukes and cooked zucchini


Mom, this is the BEST bread ever!! Thumbs up!

Enjoying lamb... "mom, this is goooood!"

Mikayla was nice enough to make us a pan of Rice Crispy Treats, which we fully enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment