Monday, January 10, 2011

Crazy Saturdays....Lazy Sundays

Here was my beautiful drive to work this morning:
The photo doesn't do it much justice, but Mikayla and I just loved looking at the pink sky.



Snowshoeing was quite the experience.  I'm just glad I rented them and didn't invest ;) It wasn't hard, it wasn't easy; it wasn't fun, but it wasn't dull.... it just... was.  It would be much more fun if I had someone to go with, because it became lonely awfully fast.  I did, however, make friends with the one cross country skier that I saw.  Other than that, it pretty much looked like this:

I would definitely go again if someone was to join me, other than that, I didn't really like being in the woods alone. Show shoeing did allow me to see where the old Gore Gondolas went to die:


Yesterday was the greatest lazy day I have had in a long time.  I think my body was just exhausted from show shoeing and skiing all day Saturday.  (Yes, I did get back on the skis, but only the "baby" trails!).  I didn't sleep in Sunday morning, but I took about 3 amazing naps during the day! I watched a few episodes of My Name is Earl, which I'm sorry, but I love.  Pete and I just laid on the couch all day, slept and ate, it was so very nice and relaxing!

Breakfast made our tummy's full and our eyes sleepy:
Those are my healthified breakfast potatoes hard at work, cooking in the pan! I made Pete a breakfast burrito, filled with these yummy looking suckers, along with scrambled eggs and leftover chicken and rice from a taco salad from Saturday night.  (Pete has this love for breakfast burritos!). I, on the other hand, ate my usual, along with potatoes:


Lunch was baked pierogies and roasted cauliflower; it was a lazy girls dream. Pop those suckers into the oven and bam! lunch is served!  Dinner was 2 amazing pizzas:


Pizza 1 is red sauce, shrimp, onions, mushrooms, peppers and black olives. Pizza 2 is mostly Alfredo sauce, mixed with some red sauce, Shrimp, Olives, tomatoes, onions, broccoli, and ricotta blobs (my fav!).  Both had taco cheese, cheddar cheese, and Monterey  Jack.  These are called "I-really-want-a-pizza-lets-see-what-we-have-in-the-fridge" pizza.  Those are usually the best kind of meals anyway!


I leave you with a photo of my sleepy Rocket Dog:

Breakfast Potatoes

2 Red Potatoes, cut into very tiny cubes
Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
Fresh Parsley, chopped
salt

Heat olive oil in a pan, add onion, potatoes and parsley.  Cook until brown (we like 'em real brown and crunchy), take out, and serve! Sprinkle with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment