Wednesday, January 5, 2011

NYE Wedding

The wedding we went to last night was simply amazing.  It was at the Century House in Latham, and the Bride, Lisa, really outdid herself.  Cocktail hour was fantastic - there was a mashed potato bar, a pasta bar, chocolate fountains, a cheese station and a veggie station.  Then, the staff walked around passing out appetizers. My lovely husband Pete pointed me out to every single Waiter/waitress, and they all made sure they came directly to me for first dibs :) Husbands are pretty amazing!! My fav appetizer was mini-grilled cheeses... with brie and lobster... yum!!

Dinner was supposed to be a choice of Filet Mignon or Lobster... Pete and I planned to get one of each and split; however, when it was time to order dinner there was a choice of some chicken (yuck, I never order chicken!!) or Filet Mignon AND Lobster! SCORE!!


Salad with nuts and pears
Italian Wedding Soup
Sorbet
Dinner - Lobster, Filet, Amazing green beans, and twice baked potato
Desert - Wedding Cake, Baked Alaska, AMAZING Apple Crumb cheesecake, Raspberry Swirl cheesecake, and some chocolatey cheesecake... thats what I scored off of the dessert table! It was pretty unreal how many cakes, pies, cookies, pastries there were to choose from.  The Apple cheesecake was probably a top 5 dessert ever for me.
Take home - Candy table

THEN, as if that wasnt enough food, at a lil before 1 there was MORE... wings, pizza, sliders... I honestly couldnt even walk over to the drunk food table because I, for once, was beyond stuffed! It was a beautiful, fancy wedding, and was a perfect way to spend New Years Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment