Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bread-Free-Sandwich

Dinner tonight came together quickly, because I wanted to spend my night being pregnant and sitting on the couch! I ran to Price Chopper today, picked up some real chicken thighs, and decided to cook em up.  I imagined a sandwich with chicken, bacon, spinach, tomato and cheese... but I am going to try and make an effort to stay away from carbs since my baby doctor sort of told me to.

I began by cooking up 3 slices of bacon in a pan, and in another, larger pan I cooked up 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (it was a lb).  In the pan went a lil bit orange juice and olive oil, and I spiced up the chicken using garlic salt, black pepper, and some mesquite seasoning.  Once it was cooked I melted some cheese on top, and added some bacon, chopped tomato and black beans.  I also fried up an egg.  I placed all of this on a bed of chopped spinach and topped it with some Chipolte mustard. 




On the side I added some roasted cauliflower.  It was a meal like Ive never made before, but it was so filling and healthy! I will be making this again.  And now I am probably going to call it an early night because I'm pregnant and exhausted.  I'm 30 weeks pregnant (!!!!) and boy do I feel it lately.  I have just become so tired and its getting so difficult to move around - like get up from sitting position, and even washing the dishes tonight was hard because my big belly blocked me from getting close to the sink!!

Its so insane all of the changes your body goes through during a pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment