Friday, April 15, 2011

'Dilla Pizzas

Last night was another one of those nights. Not the kind where I didn't feel like cooking, but the kind where we all snacked too much from the second we got home, so we just weren't hungry for dinner.  Poor Mikayla fell asleep after eating a leftover slice of pizza (from lunch) around 6:30... but around 8:45 I decided I just had to cook because I'm pregnant and wouldn't make it through the night without eating. 

I knew I wanted roasted asparagus, because it is a delicious veggie and demands little prep time.  I roasted the asparagus on 400 for about 20 mins.  Then I really wanted to make a pizza but didn't want to put in the effort. I also wanted a quesadilla but didn't want to get heartburn from the salsa. I also wanted Brushetta but didn't want to use up all of our bread.

See... I told ya it was one of those nights.  Instead, I took a tortilla shell placed it in the oven for 10 mins, took it out and spread a lil pesto and olive oil on it.  Then I opened a can of anchovies and chopped up 3 of them, and put them on the tortilla, followed by 1/4 chopped tomato.  I added some crumbled fresh cheese, put it in the oven for a few mins, and voila! I had a "pizza" sort of. It was good, and crunchy.  I love flat pizzas, so this was perfect!


On the side I also made a gigantic salad bowl, with chopped spinach, tomatoes, califlouwer, broccoli slaw and some cuke. 
I was honestly so full I didnt touch the salad, which is okay but it made lunch easier to pack this morning.

Confession: I almost ran out for Taco Bell last night.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment