Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diabetes Testing

Breakfast this morning consisted of a Van's Whole Wheat waffle, topped with sliced banana, raisins, and all natural, locally produced maple syrup. (Mikayla ate one too).


So, in (very) recent news, it has been discovered that food dyes cause ADD in children.  That's right... eating Red 40, Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 cause ADD in children who otherwise show no symptoms of ADD.  Is it really that shocking that eating brightly chemically colored chemically made food causes harm to our bodies?!

Believe it or not, I have been giving this food-chemical thing a lot of thought lately, since I became pregnant for the second time.  Eating chemicals and cloned meat and so on just flat out grosses me (and my husband) out completely... especially because it HAS to affect the lil baby that is developing in my belly! Anyway... as I mentioned yesterday I went to a lab to get a glucose screening test, which is standard during pregnancy, and they handed me a bright orange drink and told me I had 5 minutes to drink it.  I chugged it down and then read the label:
Why would anyone feed harmful food dyes to a pregnant lady? I mean... this is typical.  Every single pregnant woman needs to drink this drink, I guess until they outright refuse the test.  Does anyone else see the irony in this? I was floored, and then had an hour to think about it until I got my blood drawn. 
On a lighter note, I was able to see my best friend yesterday and spend the day with her! Love you Lauren! I took her to my ultra sound... I have a healthy, perfect, growing baby boy in my belly, who weighs 2 lbs 13 ounces!! I loved seeing him on the screen, and Im glad my best friend was able to come with me to see her new nephew!

PS, read this blog. I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment