Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vacation Days

So, yay, Pete, Mikayla and I are all on a 9 day vacation from work/school! I plan on relaxing, catching up with laundry, and just plain "nesting".  Its actually all I want to do.  Yesterday we relaxed all morning and went to a diner for a late breakfast.  At night we went to my friend Matt's Surprise 30th birthday which his girlfriend Erica planned and threw for him.  It was nice, I got to catch up them and Zerlina, her hubby Andy, and their baby girl Corlie.  I cant believe shes 5 months already, holy cow!!  I brought a cheesy Spinach Artichoke Crab dip, which I didnt photograph but can post the recipe.  I made it in the crock pot, so it was low maintenance.

Today was spent doing loads of laundry.  Just doing it and folding it, not putting it away yet.  (Worst chore everrr).  Pete took the doggies and went to do things at his mothers, so I was able to watch 3 episodes of Desperate Housewives, take a nap, and make myself a nice, quiet lunch.  This is sooo rare, and I took full advantage of it.

Lunch consisted of another 'Dilla Pizza.  I baked the tortilla for a few minutes, then put a lil olive oil on it, some spinach, anchovies, tomato, and I chopped up 2 artichokes.  Then I crumbled some cheese on top.  I like to use this cheese, it is crumbly and "fresh cheese".  I find it at Walmart and its not expensive.  Its also not sold by the cheeses, its sold by the yogurts and cottage cheese.
I baked it for less than 10 minutes, took it out, cut it up, and devoured it.  So good.

On the side I had a bowl of string beans with some lemon squeezed on it.  I can eat bowls and bowls of green beans.
While my lunch was cooking I did this:

That's right.... I dumped out the gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and watched it melt in my kitchen sink.  Its not good for me, and I had the willpower to do it today.  Call me crazy... or pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment