Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PB Swirl Brownies

Peanut Butter and chocolate... how amazing! I found this recipe from Betty Crocker and decided to try it out.  First, I must say that the Peanut Butter mixture was SO AMAZING I was sitting there eating it with a spoon.  amazing.  If I could make that and eat it, I would.  The brownies... they came out kinda dry.  Betty does recommend making a PB Frosting to go along with these, which I was planning on making, but due to time constraints I just couldn't do it. (I also cant find the orignail recipe, when I find it I will add it onto this post.)

Instead of making my own brownies, I used a family sized Betty Crocker box (gasp!).  I prepared these adding an extra egg and poured into a pan, I used a 9x13. 

Next I mixed the PB mixture together in a large bowl.


and then added it in large spoonfuls over the brownie mix, eating about every third large spoonful :)

I swirled the mixtures together using a knife and added a heaping scoopful of PB chips



Baked in a pre-heated oven for about 40 mins, and let cool (kind of..hehehe)


I would make these again, but next time I would do something differently.  Not exactly sure what thou.

PB Swirl Brownies
1 family size BC Brownie Mix - prepared
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup PB
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup PB chips

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Make and pour brownie mix into 9x13 pan.  In a bowl, mix together sugar, PB, flour and eggs until smooth.  Taste... a lot.  Plop spoonfuls onto the prepared brownie mix, then take a knife and swirl until it looks pretty.  Sprinkle (sprinkle.. as in cover) with PB chips.  Put in oven and bake for 40 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment