Monday, April 11, 2011

Ice Cream and Overnight Oats

We had such beauuutiful weather this weekend, I decided it was finally time to take a trip to Guptils for ice cream! Guptils is actually the worlds largest roller skating arena, and they sell ice cream, and lately all I hear on the radio is commericals about their ice cream.  Needless to say, we went, and it was worth it!! (Although, its definitely not as good as Tollgates ice cream).

I enjoyed soft ice cream - black raspberry vanilla twist, in one of their award winning waffle cones, covered in chocolate syrup with chocolate sprinkles.  The cone was sooo good, but I had ice cream envy - from Mikaylas. She got orange vanilla twist, which was much tastier.


Rocket and Pocket shared Mikaylas ice cream after she ate off all of the chocolate sprinkles.  It was their first ice cream cone!!!

Its supposed to be in the 80's today, I'm excited, although I couldn't put on Spring clothes just yet.  I like being warm and cozy, so I have on a big, warm, fuzzy sweater coat-thing! Last night I decided to prep breakfast for this morning (if that makes sense) and I really wanted to try Overnight Oats in a Jar. 

We have so many almost empty PB jars in the cabinet (that I just cant throw away!!) and I have seen many bloggers make breakfast in them, so I decided it was my turn to try it out.  After a lil bit of research, I decided to go with the standard rule for this - one part oats, two parts liquid.  I scooped in 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup Almond Milk, and 1/3 cup Water.  I drizzled in Maple Syrup (about 2 tspns), cinnamon (about 1 tspn), a sliced banana and a few raisins.  Then I screwed the cap on, shook it up good, stuck it in the fridge and went to bed. This morning... presto... breakfast - to go!


It was pretty good, it was kinda just like eating cereal though.  Same concept, but quicker.  I simply found this convienent for an on the go breakfast, and I will probably only ever make this using the leftover PB jars.

Today is going to be a long day, I have just been so super exhausted lately, and I have done so much in the past week.  I need to rest!! Tonight I have big plans with Mikayla to watch the Jungle Book and eat popcorn.  I absolutely cannot wait to go home and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment