Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

Sometimes, I feel like Bree Van de Kamp from Desperate Housewives. 

But then... I realize my house is never perfect and I don't wear high heels and an apron to cook dinner.  I kind of did feel like it on Easter thou.  We had plans to go to my parents house for Easter, and I was going to relax and bring some dessert.  It turns out that on Saturday my mom discovered her oven didn't work!! It was broken! Of course, being the most perfect daughter that I am, I swooped in and saved the day.

Easter Basket
Easter morning, Mikayla found her Easter basket, complete with outside toys and good candy-store chocolate. we got dressed, went to church in Delmar and then swung by my parents house, picked up the groceries, and drove back to our place to (quickly!) clean and cook.

Family on Easter Morning
On the menu:
Leg of Lamb
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Stuffed Mushrooms
Roasted Asparagus
French Bread
Roasted Garlic Spread
Salad
Ricotta Cake
Honey-Apple Custard Pie
Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Zucchini Bread

I made the desserts the night before, so that was okay. I have never made a leg of lamb before, but I wasn't nervous.  It came out amazing!! I opened a can of crushed Pineapple on it, and loaded it with Rosemary and Garlic, and baked it on 325 for about 2.5 hours.  It came out simply amazing. 

Leg of Lamb

The stuffed mushrooms were great too, I don't use breadcrumbs when I stuff them so the taste is pretty unexpected.
Stuffed Shrooms
I do believe I cooked a great Easter dinner, especially on a whim!
Easter Spread
Roasted Garlic Spread

Homemade Bread

Some Desserts

Ricotta Cake

Custard Pie, Ricotta Cake, Choc Zucchini Bread
Unfortunately, we were unable to visit my in-laws house due to time constraints and me hosting Easter dinner.  However, I was kind of in my glory because its something I really enjoy doing.  Plus, it motivated us to clean our home :)
Mikay and Uncle Adam

Easter Dress #2

All in all, it was a very nice holiday.  It was nice to spend quality time with the fam, along with Mikayla and the puppies. 

FYI~ Baby is doing great! I am now officially 32 weeks pregnant... and I gained 3 pounds since last week. Seriously.  THREE.  Three whole pounds in one week.  Someone should probably give me a new pair of running shoes for my baby shower... this was I can run when baby boy decides to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment